Syncing SFDC Campaigns with Marketo Programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing SFDC Campaigns with Marketo Programs

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm properly syncing SFDC campaigns with their Marketo counterparts - my colleague created a Program in Marketo and a corresponding SFDC campaign, then synced the two. This Program contained an email and a Smart Campaign thats only flow step was sending the email. He then created a list in Lead Database and attempted to sync the leads in that list to SFDC. I understand that this is a problem because attaching an SFDC campaign to a Program overrides the manual sync process.

So, to mitigate this error, I copied the list from Lead Database and added it as a local asset to the Marketo Program, but the leads did not sync to the SFDC campaign when I cloned the list.

How do I ensure a list I pull within a program is added to the SFDC campaign?

Sure this is an easy fix...
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncing SFDC Campaigns with Marketo Programs

I'd add a second flow step that says "Change status in program" and choose the status you want -- when you sync a campaign with a program, the program statuses and SFDC campaign statuses match.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michele is spot on - it shouldn't be so much about the list, but the membership in your campaign.

I'd also encourage that the team start with the Marketo Program and synch it and say create new SFDC campaign (unless one already exists) while you can go at it from both directions you want to make sure the type aligns as well as costing versus just membership.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Clint and Michele, and to expand a little on Michele's point...

When you created the static list, you were not actually adding them to the program which is why they did not show in the SFDC Campaign. By giving them a status, they become part of the Program and via the sync, they become part of the SFDC Campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One cool trick is to add a status in a SFDC campaign called "Not in Program". Sales can add leads and contacts in the campaign with status "Not in Program". When your Marketo campaign sends the email you can update the status in Marketo (and also in SF) to "Sent". This allows sales to add additional people to the campaign after it has run. You can easily see which ones and run the campaign again.