Syncing email sent in Marketo to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncing email sent in Marketo to Salesforce

Hey all–

I'm trying to make sure that an email I send via Marketo is logged in Salesforce as a sales email sent, with no particular task associated; however, I'd like it to be assigned to a particular owner within Salesforce.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Bri 

5 REPLIES 5
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Syncing email sent in Marketo to Salesforce

Hi Briana Gust​ - to clarify you want a record of the email you sent from Marketo to be visible in Salesforce and you don't want a task created for that email. That is easy when you use MSI - the email will be visible in the "Email" tab (see picture below).

I'm tripping up on the requirement "I'd like it to be assigned to a particular owner within Salesforce". That makes me think that what you're really looking for is a task assigned to a salesperson in Salesforce to reach out via email.

Can you provide a bit more detail about what you're looking for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina–

Yes, I just want a record of the email we send via Marketo to be visible within Salesforce. No task necessarily, but I want it to be linked to a particular owner within Salesforce. I don't see an image attached, however. Can you walk me through how to use MSI?

Thanks,

Bri

ChristinaZuniga

Hi Briana,

Do you have Marketo Sales Insight in Salesforce? You'd need your CRM manager to add the app to your Salesforce instance and make it visible for certain profiles. It's an add-on product that costs extra per license. Here's an example of what it looks like:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Christina–

I checked into our account. It says that the app is not installed, but we have 20 licensed seats. Does that mean we have that capability?

Thanks,

Bri

ChristinaZuniga

I would check with your sales person, but I think 20 seats is standard for one of the tiers.

Here is an article showing how your SFDC admin can install MSI. To warn you, it looks easy at first but it can be a lot of work depending on how many profiles/page layouts you have. Depending on the size of your sales team, you might need to decide who gets a license and who doesn't.

Have you set up interesting moments yet? If not, you can do that before you start installing MSI. It's a good idea either way. Interesting moments help with multi touch attribution and will feed into MSI showing you the most important actions a lead has taken. You should only create interesting moments with the most important actions otherwise it will be cluttered and difficult to read. MSI will also show all of the emails sent & pages visited by that person, so you don't want an interesting moment for each webpage (for example), you only want an interesting moment for the most important pages visited like maybe your pricing page. Here's an article about how to create interesting moments and another on some of the tokens you can use in those interesting moments.