SOLVED

syncing a marketo lead to sfdc contact

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

syncing a marketo lead to sfdc contact

So I have a lead in Marketo that I synced to sfdc to a particular user.  However, after the flow ran, the user couldn't find the record I synced anywhere in salesforce. Any advice? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: syncing a marketo lead to sfdc contact

It's OK to assign the new lead to a user - just be aware that a SFDC Lead record is being created - not a Contact record.  All your data associate needs to do is to convert the Lead to a Contact and associate it with the appropriate Account (or create a new Account during the conversion).  This method would prevent data entry errors by your data associate creating the Lead manually and eliminate the resulting duplicate Marketo lead record.  You would need to tweak your alert email to the data associate to include a link to the SFDC Lead, which you can provide by including the token {{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}}.

What do you do with the duplicate records - do you merge them in Marketo?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC's "Smart Search" can sometimes be a dumb search.  If your user hasn't ever visited the Lead object (and possibly other causes), the results of a search may not include those in the Lead object.  They should look at the left nav bar after a search and see if any hits are indicated for the Lead object.  If so, they should click the link to the Lead object and they will now be able to see the search results for the Lead object now and in the future.

0EM50000000QIKE.jpg
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Elliot, 

I'll look into your suggestion.  Myboss just told me  told me that only contacts sync to Marketo from SFDC, so if I sync a lead to a user does it sync as a lead object automatically?  
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you use the Sync Lead to SFDC flow action on a Marketo lead, a Salesforce Lead record will be created.  When you say "synch a lead to a user" are you choosing the SFDC user in the "Assign To" field of the Sync Lead to SFDC flow action?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Elliot, 

I am using the SFDC user in the "Assign To" field of the Sync Lead to SFDC flow action.  Is that wrong?  

You see when someone fills out a form from our website, the lead is created in Marketo, an alert is emailed to the data associate person who enters the lead record as a contact in Salesforce. But when she enters the information, a double record is then created in Marketo that was synced from salesforce.  

So what I'm trying to do is cancel the email alert that's being sent to her, and instead I just want to sync the lead and then let her know that the person is in salesforce and to clean up the person's formatting.  Our data person is very particular about record formatting.  

Do you have any suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's OK to assign the new lead to a user - just be aware that a SFDC Lead record is being created - not a Contact record.  All your data associate needs to do is to convert the Lead to a Contact and associate it with the appropriate Account (or create a new Account during the conversion).  This method would prevent data entry errors by your data associate creating the Lead manually and eliminate the resulting duplicate Marketo lead record.  You would need to tweak your alert email to the data associate to include a link to the SFDC Lead, which you can provide by including the token {{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}}.

What do you do with the duplicate records - do you merge them in Marketo?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Elliot! That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I dedupe the records in Marketo carefully.