syncCustomObject returns error "Unexpected Error"

Anonymous
Not applicable

syncCustomObject returns error "Unexpected Error"

I am able to create an object and fields but I cannot add cases to the custom object. Below are the request and response. In this example I am trying to UPSERT the product ID (key) and marketing ID (Link to Lead object). Both fields are integers in the custom object. I am able to make other calls using the same header. Any help or suggestions to try would be appreciated.

Request:

<ns2:paramsSyncCustomObjects xmlns:ns2="http://www.marketo.com/mktows/">

<objTypeName>testProduct_c</objTypeName>

<customObjList>

<customObj>

<customObjKeyList>

<attribute>

<attrName>productID</attrName>

<attrValue>999999</attrValue>

</attribute>

</customObjKeyList>

<customObjAttributeList>

<attribute>

<attrName>marketingID</attrName>

<attrValue>112617</attrValue>

</attribute>

</customObjAttributeList>

</customObj>

</customObjList>

<operation>UPSERT</operation>

</ns2:paramsSyncCustomObjects>

Response:

<ns2:successSyncCustomObjects xmlns:ns2="http://www.marketo.com/mktows/">

<result>

<syncCustomObjStatusList>

<syncCustomObjStatus>

<objTypeName>testProduct_c</objTypeName>

<customObjKeyList>

<attribute>

<attrName>productID</attrName>

<attrType xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:nil="true"/>

<attrValue>999999</attrValue>

</attribute>

</customObjKeyList>

<status>FAILED</status>

<error>Unexpected error</error>

</syncCustomObjStatus>

</syncCustomObjStatusList>

</result>

</ns2:successSyncCustomObjects>

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: syncCustomObject returns error "Unexpected Error"

Can you provide the result of a describe call for this object type?  Does the result change if you switch operation types?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The result does not change. I have tried INSERT and UPDATE as well.

The JSON from the describe call is below:

{"requestId":"1036e#150d90b3c27","result":[{"name":"testProduct_c","displayName":"Test Product","description":"This is a test to sync custom objects with product information","createdAt":"2015-10-29T15:23:29Z","updatedAt":"2015-10-29T15:23:30Z","idField":"marketoGUID","dedupeFields":["productID"],"searchableFields":[["productID"],["marketoGUID"],["marketingID"]],"relationships":[{"field":"marketingID","type":"child","relatedTo":{"name":"Lead","field":"marketingID"}}],"fields":[{"name":"createdAt","displayName":"Created At","dataType":"datetime","updateable":false},{"name":"marketoGUID","displayName":"Marketo GUID","dataType":"string","length":36,"updateable":false},{"name":"updatedAt","displayName":"Updated At","dataType":"datetime","updateable":false},{"name":"balance","displayName":"Balance","dataType":"currency","updateable":true},{"name":"chargeOffAmount","displayName":"Charge Off Amount","dataType":"currency","updateable":true},{"name":"chargeOffDate","displayName":"Charge Off Date","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"closedDate","displayName":"Closed Date","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"creditCardRewardsPoints","displayName":"Credit Card Rewards Points","dataType":"integer","updateable":true},{"name":"dueDate","displayName":"Due Date","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"fundedAmount","displayName":"Funded Amount","dataType":"currency","updateable":true},{"name":"interest","displayName":"Interest","dataType":"float","updateable":true},{"name":"lastSkip","displayName":"Last Skip","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"marketingID","displayName":"Marketing ID","dataType":"integer","updateable":true},{"name":"maturityDate","displayName":"Maturity Date","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"openDate","displayName":"Open Date","dataType":"date","updateable":true},{"name":"paymentAmount","displayName":"Payment Amount","dataType":"currency","updateable":true},{"name":"productCategory","displayName":"Product Category","dataType":"string","length":255,"updateable":true},{"name":"productDescriptionName","displayName":"Product Description Name","dataType":"string","length":255,"updateable":true},{"name":"productID","displayName":"Product ID","dataType":"integer","updateable":true},{"name":"productType","displayName":"Product Type","dataType":"string","length":255,"updateable":true},{"name":"term","displayName":"Term","dataType":"integer","updateable":true}]}],"success":true}

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here.  You might want to file a support ticket with this info(and a timestamp of the unsuccessful call) to see what they can find in the logs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do that. Will report back with any update with Support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I've reformatted the JSON to tables for readability. This is the result of /rest/v1/customobjects/testProduct_c/describe.json

"name""displayName""description""createdAt""updatedAt""idField"
testProduct_cTest ProductThis is a test to sync custom objects with product information################################marketoGUID

"dedupeFields"[]
productID

"searchableFields"[]
[0]
productID
marketoGUID
marketingID

"relationships"[]
"field""type""relatedTo"
marketingIDchild"name""field"
LeadmarketingID

"fields"[]

"name""displayName""dataType""updateable""length"
createdAtCreated AtdatetimeFALSE
marketoGUIDMarketo GUIDstringFALSE36
updatedAtUpdated AtdatetimeFALSE
balanceBalancecurrencyTRUE
chargeOffAmountCharge Off AmountcurrencyTRUE
chargeOffDateCharge Off DatedateTRUE
closedDateClosed DatedateTRUE
creditCardRewardsPointsCredit Card Rewards PointsintegerTRUE
dueDateDue DatedateTRUE
fundedAmountFunded AmountcurrencyTRUE
interestInterestfloatTRUE
lastSkipLast SkipdateTRUE
marketingIDMarketing IDintegerTRUE
maturityDateMaturity DatedateTRUE
openDateOpen DatedateTRUE
paymentAmountPayment AmountcurrencyTRUE
productCategoryProduct CategorystringTRUE255
productDescriptionNameProduct Description NamestringTRUE255
productIDProduct IDintegerTRUE
productTypeProduct TypestringTRUE255
termTermintegerTRUE
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply from support:

"I have escalated this to engineering. There is also not the ability to create new objects using the INSERT option as well. I have checked and it does not appear the Custom Object is allowing creation at all. I will post back once we have had time in engineering to look at this case. There is a repair being developed and should be pushed as a patch in the next 2 weeks. This should repair the issue of not having the ability to create new instances of the custom objects. I will update this case as progress is made.

I tested after the fix was installed and was able to UPSERT data to the custom object.