Sync with Sugar CRM - tips anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync with Sugar CRM - tips anyone?

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has used the Nepo connector and synced with Sugar CRM?
During the integration some of our lead capture pages/forms sync to Sugar, and some of the new ones will sync to Marketo.  I know all will end up migrated in the end, however, for the short term, I want one Lead List in Marketo, not to sync with Sugar till the leads are further qualified.  

I know I can set that up in a smart campaign (sync later after a defined action, i.e. clicked link in email), but is there something I need to define during install of the connector to ensure they're not automatically sync when the connector is all done?

And this might be a silly question, but do you have to map out fields in CRM and which fields they should correlate too in Marketo during connector setup?  

Any other tips and tricks for a complete first timer in regards to connecting with Sugar?

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync with Sugar CRM - tips anyone?

Obviously I'm a lone ranger here, but maybe one day someone will search for this thread...
We finally got there, after 12months worth of redesign for the connector, testing integration and loading on CRM servers. If you are looking at integrating these 2 platforms, and want to save yourself 12 months, get in contact with me. I did it the hard way and learnt a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Julia

I am assisting a client with the integration and we are about 6 months into the process and finding the connector very temperamental.

It would be great to chat about how you solved your issues.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kellie Detez​ We're just about to start doing this ourselves. Would love to hear from you if you have any tips/tricks to share!

Thanks,

Su

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Suzanne,

There is another connector for Sugar, which is provided by Sugar themselves. Or is it the same?

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Installable_Connectors/Marketo/

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

That is the one we are looking at installing. Just wondered if anyone else had done this recently and could point out any gotcha's.

With thanks,

Su

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Suzanne,

We are planning to install it in September, but not done it yet. Any return on experience would be welcome as well

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

From all reports it was a bit dodgy at the start, but they've significantly improved it since. There are quite a few little things to make sure you fully understand before switching it on though, or you'll find info disappearing from Sugar... Happy to help if need be...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest release of the Sugar Connector for Marketo was rolled out in Aug 2016 (release 3.1.1).  From 3.0.9 to 3.1.1 the connector has fixed a number of issues and added additional capabilities.  It is provided to Sugar customers at no additional cost.  Check out this page for more details http://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Installable_Connectors/Marketo/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Julia!

We're also attempting to connect Sugar and Marketo via Sugar's Marketo Connector.  I'd be interested in learning more about your experiences with this.  We are already experiencing difficulties and I'd prefer not to lose more time than we have to on this integration.