Sync to SFDC Changed Postal Code

Nick_Burton
Level 1

Sync to SFDC Changed Postal Code

A lead visited our website and filled out a form where they gave us their Postal Code. After qualifying their self by visiting key web pages and downloading a pdf, they became qualified and synced to SFDC. However, in the Lead History in SFDC it shows that the Marketo Sync User changed the Postal Code from a Canadian one to 90210. Any thoughts as to why this would happen and maybe what workflows triggered this? The inferred state/region based off of the IP address closely matched that of the original Postal Code.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync to SFDC Changed Postal Code

Hi, Nick - is the 90210 postal code the code that the user submitted via the form? It sounds like the prospect submitted a junk postal code value via the web form (90210 is the postal code for Beverly Hills). 

It sounds like the prospect submitted a junk postal code value via the web form (90210 is the postal code for Beverly Hills). 

I'd recommend evaluating the drawbacks and benefits that would come from blocking field update to address fields. Blocking field updates would prevent potentially bad data from overwriting existing data in the system, but it would also prevent prospects from updating their address if it was to change.

Cheers,

Tim

Nick_Burton
Level 1

The lead submitted V4E 2J2 and for some reason when it synced it changed that Postal Code to 90210.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I follow - is V4E 2J2 the value you see on the form submission activity for postal code?

Nick_Burton
Level 1

He filled out the form and gave us V4E 2J2, which is in British Columbia. He inferred region/state was British Columbia. The email address he gave us in the form ended in .ca (Canadian). The lead synced to Salesforce and then a couple of minutes later the Marketo Sync user automatically changed the Postal Code from V4E 2J2 to 90210.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'm following - I'd check the record in Marketo. The activity log should show you where the data value change originated from.

If you don't see a data value change to postal code in the activity log, click on the form submission that occurred and see what the value for postal code is on that activity.