Sync Lead to SFDC - when to use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Lead to SFDC - when to use?

I understand the concept of this flow step (pushes a lead to SFDC). However, I guess what I don't understand is when I need to include it in a smart campaign. For every email blast we send out, i set up a smart campaign in the program that will create a task in the activity history section of SFDC for anyone that clicks the link in the email. I never include the 'sync lead to sfdc' flow step and have never had an issue with a task not being created in sfdc b/c i didn't have this flow step. So when do i need to include it? It already seems like everything syncs between marketo and SFDC without it. Any idea??
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync Lead to SFDC - when to use?

Great Question.  Subscribing for the answer! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Kelly,

If you're using programs and SFDC campaign code syncing, you're probably not going to need to use the "Sync to SFDC" flowstep in many situations. I recall using it more back when programs didn't exist and I wanted more granular control over when stuff synced over. More recently, at my previous organization, we did use the flowstep in a few isolated circumstances when we wanted to ensure leads who had accumulated a certain lead score, even if they didn't accumulate it through a specific program progression, would still be caught and dumped into SFDC.

That said, I'm sure others have more creative uses for it.

Hope this insight helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

To distill it down, the only time you'll need to use a Sync Lead to SFDC flow action is if you don't use the Create Task flow action.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another good use for it is if you want to bypass the auto-assign rules in SFDC and assign leads to a specific rep. For example: if some reps have target accounts and you get a list of leads from a show, if you want all the leads on that list from Acme company to be assigned to Bob and the rest to run through the auto assign rules, you can add that flow step, add a choice that says "if company name is Acme, assign to user Bob" with the default being "assing using auto-assign rules".
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand. Form the other posts I have read today it looks like leads don't automaticall flow into SFDC, we have to pass them over using the sync function.

What am I missing?