SOLVED

Surveys in forms/landing pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surveys in forms/landing pages

Is there a way to create a survey as part of a form in Marketo? I need to ask 3 questions that would have the user select answers set up in a radio button design. These questions would not be linking back to any of our existing fields in Marketo.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Surveys in forms/landing pages

So as Marcie mentioned, you can create these in SFDC and create the sync... if sales needs this information on the pages.

But if you just need the info for marketing/event/etc purposes you can just keep in MKTO. Your new field would be "Favorite Color" etc. Just name well so you can tell what the field is and reuse, you can't change the name of it later.

Then in the form you'd change what the display text reads as, so in this case "What is your favorite color?". Use Forms 2.0 and it's pretty easy to use -- changing text and answer type. Let me know if you have questions when making the form!

Kim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hi Tara,

You would just create new custom fields in Marketo -- in the admin, field mgmt section. Then refresh or start building a new form and you can select those new fields.

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this recently, only I actually created the fields in Salesforce.com also, and that way, I was able to create some beatufiul SFDC dashboards that gave me at-a-glance insight into people's answers! Not sure what CRM you are using or if that would be beneficial for your particular survey, but I'm glad I put the data in SFDC for my use case, so I thought I'd pass that along.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you both for your replies.

Kim, so when I create the new fields in Marketo - these new fields will actually be the questions themselves, correct? For example, "What is your favorite color?" will be the new field. And then how do I set up the answers as a multi-select, radio button, etc.?
Kim_Allen
Level 10

So as Marcie mentioned, you can create these in SFDC and create the sync... if sales needs this information on the pages.

But if you just need the info for marketing/event/etc purposes you can just keep in MKTO. Your new field would be "Favorite Color" etc. Just name well so you can tell what the field is and reuse, you can't change the name of it later.

Then in the form you'd change what the display text reads as, so in this case "What is your favorite color?". Use Forms 2.0 and it's pretty easy to use -- changing text and answer type. Let me know if you have questions when making the form!

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim,
I wanted to clarify something on the "not sync with SF issue". If I create the custom field in Marketo and do nothing else, will it automatically not sync with SF since I created in Marketo? Or do I need to do something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you create the field in Marketo first, it will not sync with SFDC (and there is nothing you can do to make it sync - it will be a Marketo-only field permanently). However, if you create it in SFDC, it will sync to Marketo automatically.