Suggestions for using Marketo to register for multiple campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions for using Marketo to register for multiple campaigns

We have our annual user conference coming up and we have 5 slots for educational workshops during the event. There are a number of times and sessions that our customers can sign up for. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how best to accomplish tracking of this with marketo and SFDC. Generally we have 1-to-1 mappings from form-fills to SFDC campaigns and we will have individual campaigns for each session so we can track how many people are registered and to ensure no one session gets too full.

I thought about putting all the sessions in an email and tracking the link clicks there and mapping those to our SFDC campaigns but I could see people clicking the links 'accidentally' and then emailing in saying they didn't mean to sign up for that one and whatnot so I'd like to make it a little more clear and a little less of a hassle for the user. My ideal would be a form with 5 drop downs with all the sessions/times and a way to sync those into the correct salesforce campaigns. However I'm not sure if I can do conditional logic in on a drop-down to say 'if session 1 selected in field1 add to SFDC campaign-1'.

Anyways, I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this. Thanks for any and all input.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions for using Marketo to register for multiple campaigns

If i'm understanding correctly, this can be accomplished by setting the trigger for the individual campaigns to "Data Value has Changed, New Value is X" where X is the dropdown selection. So you'll have 5 programs with campaigns that pull people in when the above happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suggestions for using Marketo to register for multiple campaigns

Agree with Charlie: if you only allow one choice, you can do this with a single form, single dropdown, and then run campaigns based on the data value change.

If you want to customize the experience and get more complicated, you might have links to separate landing pages for each section, and then run your smart campaign based on completing the specific form on each page.  Then you wouldn't have the problem of accidental clicks, but you'll gain information on who is interested in multiple tracks.