SOAP API and "Fills out Form" trigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOAP API and "Fills out Form" trigger

Our company is using the SOAP API for any form fillouts on our website.  The problem is that this forces me to make a lot of really complex rules to capture that a form has been filled out (especially multiple times) and to use that info as a part of a trigger campaign.  Instead, I end up using a bunch of fields combined.  Has anyone figured out how to enable the trigger "Fills Out Form" while using the SOAP API?  I imagine it would require somehow making Marketo understand that this api call is our "form" 

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: SOAP API and "Fills out Form" trigger

Hey Valerie,

There is no way to generate a Fills Out Form activity via the SOAP API.  One solution is to have boolean custom field which you toggle with every syncLead call you make out of a custom form.  This can also be a string if you need to signify separate forms, and you assign a unique value to each form.  You would set up a Data Value Changes trigger for this field with the "New Value" constraint being either True for a boolean field, or the name of the form for a string field.  In the flow for each of these trigger campaigns, yo'll need a "Change Data Value" Flow step to set this value back to NULL.  This way you can trigger based off of each SOAP form fill every time based off of a single parameter.  The Data Value Changes trigger will always fire because the field will always be null prior to the form fillout.