SOLVED

Smart List - info coming from SFDC or marketo database

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart List - info coming from SFDC or marketo database

I created a smart list, and was under the impression that using the filters i put in place, it was pulling the names from SFDC. However, when I looked up one of the leads that was in the smart list, I noticed he was not in SFDC, but he was however, in Marketo. This is confusing me. Do these smart lists pull names from Marketo AND SFDC? How does this work?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart List - info coming from SFDC or marketo database

Kelly,

You're welcome! I believe you could execute a campaign with a filter of "SFDC is Deleted" =True and delete those leads. According to Marketo, any time a lead is deleted in SFDC, that field is marked as true in Marketo.

You could then run a flow to delete those leads.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart List filters will pull names from both Marketo and SFDC. If you're using SFDC specific filters, you then the lead must exist in SFDC to have this data, i.e. Record Type ID or Lead Owner information

I've had to create a custom field to help identify which leads exist in Marketo only and which are in both Marketo and SFDC. Leads that are in SFDC only will sync to Marketo and create a lead in Marketo automatically, so the best way to think about it is that Marketo has visibility into the entire Marketo and SFDC databases, and therefore SFDC does not have the ability see Marketo only leads.

Seeing as you have leads that exist in Marketo only, I'm assuming both databases aren't entirely synced. If it is completely synced then every lead/contact would exist in both databases.

Does this answer your question?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the lead is deleted in SFDC, is there a way to trigger that lead to also be deleted in Marketo? Thus, that way, we can keep our Marketo and SFDC lead database the same?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best way to ensure that leads are deleted in Marketo if someone deletes a lead in SFDC is to set up a campaign that has a trigger of "Leads is Deleted from SFDC" and a flow of "Delete Lead".

You could also schedule a campaign to do this every day at a specific time if that better suits your needs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caleb -

Thank you for the suggestion, that is really helpful. Right now, our Marketo and SFDC lead databases definitely don't match. Is there a way to get them to match? Using your suggestion will help for future leads that are deleted in SFDC, but won't help for any past leads that were deleted in SFDC (those leads will still remain in our marketo database b/c there is no trigger to remove them). Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Kelly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly,

You're welcome! I believe you could execute a campaign with a filter of "SFDC is Deleted" =True and delete those leads. According to Marketo, any time a lead is deleted in SFDC, that field is marked as true in Marketo.

You could then run a flow to delete those leads.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the suggestions. These are great!