Slightly cropped/shaved images when placed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly cropped/shaved images when placed

Does anyone have issues with images getting *slightly* cropped when you move them around (on a LP or email)? I've found this a few times this week: I place a logo, and when I move it slightly, left or right, the image gets cropped slightly around the edges - by a pixel or so. While the crop is tiny, it's especially evident around a crisp logo, as lettering gets slightly shaved off, etc. Sometimes re-sizing it in the email helps a bit - the shift to larger/smaller can remedy it - but you don't always want to do that. Any solutions for this?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Slightly cropped/shaved images when placed

Hey Jen,

Never noticed this, but will look out for it.  Have you tried setting the image border to 0px?  Or switching it to 1px, then back to 0px?  The only thing I can think of to cause this, would be a border being added as the default style.  Other than that, I"m not sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jen,

Never noticed this, but will look out for it.  Have you tried setting the image border to 0px?  Or switching it to 1px, then back to 0px?  The only thing I can think of to cause this, would be a border being added as the default style.  Other than that, I"m not sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alas, this has just occured again. I tried the border idea that Adam suggested above, but it didn't work. I tried re-sizing and re-loading the graphic I'm using, in case it was just having a hard time re-sizing it... alas, no good. This time, it's a graphic that's only about 150 pixels wide (and maybe 15 tall at the most)... but it's shaving off the bottom few pixels all the way across (and when it's your logo that's in question, that pixel or two is pretty noticeable!)

Any other ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.....I can't reproduce the issue.  
  1. Have you tried inserting the image using the Rich Text editor widget, rather than the Image widget?  
  2. Or maybe building in some padding to the image file itself, so if a couple px get's shaved off it was just white/dead space?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's so strange! Agreed - I could definitely frame the logo in white, and re-place - though of course, that will only work in areas that I'm placing on a white background and don't have to worry about exact color matches, etc. So odd! I'll keep playing with it!