Solved! Go to Solution.
Strange. This absolutely doesn't work for me.
By selecting "Skip New Leads and Updates", everything is skipped and nothing is added to my list, even though the email addresses in the list I'm uploading are already in my database.
Here's my process:
1. Select 5 customers in my database and download them in a .csv file
2. Create a new static list in my database called "test import"
3. Open the empty static list "test import"
4. Click on "list actions>import list"
5. Select my previously downloaded .csv file
6. Select "file format>autodetect"
7. Select "list import mode>Skip new people and updates"
8. On "Step 2: Import Preview" I IGNORE all column headers EXCEPT email address.
9. On "Step 3: Import Options" I check the list name I'm importing to, it's "test import" which is what I expect.
10. Finally I click "IMPORT"
I'm now expecting Marketo will recognise the email addresses in the list I'm importing, not create anything new, not update any of the records I'm importing, and simply add the existing people who's email addresses match the email addresses in my .csv files, to my static list "test import".
This follows the logic posted several times described as follows:
However this is not what happens.
No one is added to my static list.
Everyone is skipped, even if they exist already in my database.
This leads me to believe that this feature is currently broken.