SOLVED

Show Record Type names instead of RecordType Ids

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Record Type names instead of RecordType Ids

Hi,

Is it possible to get the Lead/Contact/Account Record Type Names from SF into Marketo instead of RecordType Ids?

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Re: Show Record Type names instead of RecordType Ids

The easiest way to do so is create a formula field that translates Record Type ID into Record Type Name, something like:
IF(RecordTypeId = "yourrecordtypeid1", "RTName1",
IF(RecordTypeId = "yourrecordtypeid2", "RTName2",
NULL))

Make sure to add new record types to that formula (if you create new ones), and to give the Lead / contact formula field the same names.

Itay

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

The easiest way to do so is create a formula field that translates Record Type ID into Record Type Name, something like:
IF(RecordTypeId = "yourrecordtypeid1", "RTName1",
IF(RecordTypeId = "yourrecordtypeid2", "RTName2",
NULL))

Make sure to add new record types to that formula (if you create new ones), and to give the Lead / contact formula field the same names.

Itay
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay,

Thank you. I just came across exactly the same thought. I actully need Account's Record Type Name. Since only converted leads can have AccountIds, should I be creating this formula field on Contact or directly on Account? 

Thanks
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

In our case, we have record types for both leads and accounts, so we need to create two "Record type name" fields.
In your case you need to create this field just on accounts.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay,

I have done it already...before your reply and can see values coming through. But it seems to get the value only for the records synchronized in the recent synchronization. Is it because formula field does not indicate that a record has been udpated? Probably that is the reason why the formula value are not coming into Marketo for the records that were not recognized as last updated.

Can we not push the formula values into marketo for the records that are not modified also?

Thank you very much for you help.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

You are correct, formula field calculation does not trigger a sync, it has to wait to a "normal" field update.

You can find more data on this topic here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzYqCAK