SOLVED

SFDC Sync Error - Failed: retrieveLargeSObjects

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Sync Error - Failed: retrieveLargeSObjects

What does this error mean?

Failed: retrieveLargeSObjects 00Q8000001Lj4C0EAJ from sfdc

I have a Sync Lead to SFDC event in my campaign flow and the activity log shows this as the exceptionmessage for the detail of that event.

The lead DOES get created as expected in SFDC BUT you cannot see the detail of that sync in the Marketo activity log for that event and instead get an error that looks like above.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Sync Error - Failed: retrieveLargeSObjects

For the benefit of others this error message was being returned because the Marketo API user in SFDC did not have rights to view leads sent to this record type. Once we expanded access to the Marketo API user the error went away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Your getting runtime errors. if you are inserting, updating, or deleting more than one record per returned record in an sObject list for loop, it is possible to encounter runtime limit errors from SFDC.

I suggest your create a support ticket with Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the benefit of others this error message was being returned because the Marketo API user in SFDC did not have rights to view leads sent to this record type. Once we expanded access to the Marketo API user the error went away.
Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Jayson, was there a specific access you needed to provide the Marketo API user, or did you have to change the rights at a broader level? 

We have the same issue with deleteing records, just wondering if I can isolate the specific right vs. give Marketo all access (we have an odd situation where we have two product lines in SF and use Marketo for only one, so we can't allwo full access).

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steph,

Yes, we're in a similar situation except we have even more business lines in SFDC and all use different marketing automation tools.

In this case we needed to expand access to the Record Types on one of the other business lines that we started integrating with Marketo. 

It appears that Marketo can create objects in SFDC with a record type it may not have access to but when it tries to pull that info back in via synching it fails because it doesn't have the appropriate access.

Hope that helps.