SOLVED

SFDC "null" overwriting data submitted via form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC "null" overwriting data submitted via form

We have a SFDC sync and I'm noticing when someone submits information (like a title) via a form where we previously had a "null" value in SFDC, the value is replaced with "null" with our next sync so when I pull that lead I no longer have that information (unless I look back through their history).

Is there a way to keep the updated information (without creating duplicate fields in Marketo)?

Or is there a way to get a report of what information was actually entered into the form so that we can update the information in SFDC manually?

Or has anyone else discovered a work-around for this situation?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: SFDC "null" overwriting data submitted via form

These are the two things I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. Do you only have the SFDC syncing to Marketo (as opposed to back-and-forth)? Are you looking to have the data synced to SFDC after someone submits a form? If not, any data in SFDC is going to overwrite what's in Marketo.
  2. It could be that you don't have that information as writeable in your Admin settings. Visit the Form Fields section and find "Job Title", then under the "Field Actions" drop-down, click on "Block Field Updates" to see if "Form Fillout" is checked.
I don't believe there's a report for field history; what you're doing now is what I do when I want to see what's been changed. The only workaround I've found is to create a duplicate field in Marketo. We've only had to do this once (when we were asking for customers' updated information). It worked, but now I have all these extra fields, so I wouldn't recommend it unless this is a huge recurring problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

These are the two things I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. Do you only have the SFDC syncing to Marketo (as opposed to back-and-forth)? Are you looking to have the data synced to SFDC after someone submits a form? If not, any data in SFDC is going to overwrite what's in Marketo.
  2. It could be that you don't have that information as writeable in your Admin settings. Visit the Form Fields section and find "Job Title", then under the "Field Actions" drop-down, click on "Block Field Updates" to see if "Form Fillout" is checked.
I don't believe there's a report for field history; what you're doing now is what I do when I want to see what's been changed. The only workaround I've found is to create a duplicate field in Marketo. We've only had to do this once (when we were asking for customers' updated information). It worked, but now I have all these extra fields, so I wouldn't recommend it unless this is a huge recurring problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also check to make sure your integration user between Marketo and Salesforce has "write" permissions on that field. 

If not I would expect the update to fail and then it would not be suprising for the SFDC value to synch back over. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. We don't have it writing back to SFDC now, and the company isn't comfortable changing that at this time.