SOLVED

SFDC Custom Object Opportunity fields not showing in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Custom Object Opportunity fields not showing in Marketo

Trying to build a smart list/campaign off of a certain custom picklist value in SFDC.  Customer field is not showing up in Marketo.  The custom field was created over a week ago, so I don't feel I'm expecting the field to show up too early. 🙂  Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC Custom Object Opportunity fields not showing in Marketo

Hi - Only custom fields on standard objects will flow through automatically on the next sync round.

If the field is on a custom object, you may not have enabled that particular custom object in the object sync, or may not have enabled that particular field to be visible for filters/triggers.

Have a look here for some info.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrGCAS

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you see that custom field in SFDC if you login as Marketo integration user?

You may need to grant accessibility to Marketo through SFDC security profiles if using Enterprise.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_fls.htm&language=en_US
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what you mean as a Marketo integration user.  Can you tell me more about that?  

It's strange to me because I can see other custom opportunity fields, but not this particular one.  Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

what Breno means by the Marketo integration user is the user in Salesforce that was setup to communicate between Marketo and SFDC.

When you create a new custom field in SFDC one of the step is to decide which profiles can access this field. Breno was recommending that you check the profile assigned to the Marketo sync/integration user has access to this field. if it doesn't Markerto cannot see it and cannot create it.

Was the field created on the opportunity or on a custom object?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will need to double check with the SFDC Admin, but I'm pretty sure it is a custom object.  Thank you for explaining Breno's suggestion.  Yes, all the steps and linkages/integration are in order between SFDC & Marketo.

Thank you for you suggestions!
Veronica_Holme4

Hi - Only custom fields on standard objects will flow through automatically on the next sync round.

If the field is on a custom object, you may not have enabled that particular custom object in the object sync, or may not have enabled that particular field to be visible for filters/triggers.

Have a look here for some info.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrGCAS

Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question. 🙂  We went through all of the steps but still don't see the custom field.  Does it usually take 24 hours to complete the sync?
Veronica_Holme4

You definitely should see it pretty much right away as soon as the sync is finished. Part of the process is to disable the SFDC sync. Can you make sure you've re-enabled it after you've synced the custom objects?

The only other thing I can think of is that the custom field is not related to the lead, contact or account object. There are rules to which custom fields/objects can be synced at all - are you finding that it is just the field that's missing or the entire object it belongs to? Hard to troubleshoot from this point without a screenshot. I'd suggest taking this query to support.

Cheers

Veronica
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is related at the account and contact level and it is the entire object it belongs to.  I'll get in touch with support.  Thank you all for your help!