SOLVED

SFDC Campaign/Marketo Engagement Stream Sync

Go to solution
laurenmaywynne
Level 1

SFDC Campaign/Marketo Engagement Stream Sync

Hi there, I'm hoping that someone has been a similar situation--

Our sales team is looking to remove contacts from specific SFDC campaigns that are directly synced with engagement streams. When a salesperson deletes someone from a synced SFDC campaign, is the person completely removed from the engagement stream?

I thought that they would be, but what I'm seeing is that the individual is removed from SFDC, but I have to go in and manually pause them from the engagement stream.

Is this how it's supposed to work? I thought that if someone was deleted from a synced SFDC campaign, they would be removed from the stream.

Thanks so much for your help!

Lauren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Re: SFDC Campaign/Marketo Engagement Stream Sync

Hi Lauren! It sounds like you're talking about the Program level sync instead of the flow step sync. If that's the case, I don't believe Marketo will automatically pick up people being deleted from SFDC Campaigns, just the status changes.

I'm not sure of your reporting structure in SFDC, but it may be worth adding an SFDC Campaign status of Paused in which you could add a 'SFDC Campaign Status is Changed' trigger campaign to pause people in the nurture. The sales team would instead change the SFDC Campaign status instead of removing them. This also can help maintain any historical information within the SFDC campaign since people won't fully be removed. Note that this additional status could affect the Program level SFDC Campaign sync. Hope that helps.

Mariah Mattick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Lauren! It sounds like you're talking about the Program level sync instead of the flow step sync. If that's the case, I don't believe Marketo will automatically pick up people being deleted from SFDC Campaigns, just the status changes.

I'm not sure of your reporting structure in SFDC, but it may be worth adding an SFDC Campaign status of Paused in which you could add a 'SFDC Campaign Status is Changed' trigger campaign to pause people in the nurture. The sales team would instead change the SFDC Campaign status instead of removing them. This also can help maintain any historical information within the SFDC campaign since people won't fully be removed. Note that this additional status could affect the Program level SFDC Campaign sync. Hope that helps.

Mariah Mattick
laurenmaywynne
Level 1

Thank you so much-- that's exactly what I was asking where I wasn't 100 sure what was the best move. Thank you!