SOLVED

Sending Email to External Database

Go to solution
Samuel_Rajkuma1
Level 1

Sending Email to External Database

Hi,

How can I send an email via Marketo to an external database?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Sending Email to External Database

The quick answer is: you can't.

To send an email to someone, that person must be in the Marketo database. If you have a csv file then you could upload those email addresses to a static list in Marketo, and then send to them. Ensuring you have valid consent of course 🙂

Note that your Marketo database can be a synced-in replica of a different database - for example, Salesforce. If you have the Salesforce / Marketo sync set up, then you are in effect sending to an "external" database. But I don't think that's what you mean.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Where is your external database stored? 

Harish Gupta
Monika_Nimmaga2
Level 3

Hey Samuel,

Just out of curiosity, Are you referring to sending an email from Marketo to leads that don't exist in your database but exist in the other/external database?

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

The quick answer is: you can't.

To send an email to someone, that person must be in the Marketo database. If you have a csv file then you could upload those email addresses to a static list in Marketo, and then send to them. Ensuring you have valid consent of course 🙂

Note that your Marketo database can be a synced-in replica of a different database - for example, Salesforce. If you have the Salesforce / Marketo sync set up, then you are in effect sending to an "external" database. But I don't think that's what you mean.