SOLVED

Sending a Marketo audience to an agency-managed Google account

Go to solution
ss-arplus
Level 2

Sending a Marketo audience to an agency-managed Google account

We have an agency managing our Google Adword account. We don't have admin access to the account - I assume because it'd give us access to other client accounts etc.

What are our options for getting Marketo lists into the Adwords account? All I can think of is:

1. Have agency add me as admin to the Adword account. Don't see this happening.
  2. Create a new Adwords account that we administer, and add agency as an admin. Assume agency will have some issues with this approach as well.
  3. ??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Sending a Marketo audience to an agency-managed Google account

Hi there,

Are they using a Google Ads manager account? This would allow them to have access to their multiple client accounts while still allowing you to have access to your organization's Ads account. It seems unlikely that they'd have all their clients' campaigns under a single regular Ads account - or at least that would not be a good practice. If they are combining all their clients in one account, I'd recommend creating a new separate account, and then grant the agency access - your option 2. This would also give you more flexibility in the future if you need to change agencies or take the work in house.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Sending a Marketo audience to an agency-managed Google account

Hi there,

Are they using a Google Ads manager account? This would allow them to have access to their multiple client accounts while still allowing you to have access to your organization's Ads account. It seems unlikely that they'd have all their clients' campaigns under a single regular Ads account - or at least that would not be a good practice. If they are combining all their clients in one account, I'd recommend creating a new separate account, and then grant the agency access - your option 2. This would also give you more flexibility in the future if you need to change agencies or take the work in house.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion