Send with Marketo Activity in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send with Marketo Activity in SFDC

Hello all.

Here is our situation...

We have encouraged our sales team to use "send with Marketo" functionality out of SFDC so we can better track activity, use the fancy templates created by our marketing department, and avoid the limit of emails sent imposed by SFDC.  

It would be ideal to track the "send with marketo" activity in the SFDC activity log so the regular activity report would display this information.

We have now been asked to provide a report that summarizes who sent who what email on a monthly basis.  This is pretty much to babysit our sales people (go figure).  I need to generate a report either out of Marketo or SFDC that looks a little something like this:

LEAD OWNER 1 NAME
  - Lead A - Email Name - date / time
  - Lead B - Email Name - date / time
  - Lead B - Email Name - date / time
LEAD OWNER 2 NAME
  - Lead A - Email Name - date / time (if lead owner 2 emailed the same person as lead owner 1)
  - Lead C - Email Name - date / time

I have built many reports but none summarize this data the way the business wants.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Carl Schneider
carl.schneider@incapital.com

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Send with Marketo Activity in SFDC

Carl,

I did this at a previous company. What I would do is create a program for Sales Prospecting to track all of this, and within that Program add a Smart Campaign with the Trigger as below:

0EM50000000RLv0.jpg
and the flow step:
0EM50000000RLv5.jpg
Keep in mind that the Activity Type will be logged as "Call" in SFDC (that's all Marketo can do), but you can change that using a Workflow rule (search my previous posts for info about that).