SOLVED

Send alert to my.token only works with trigger based smart campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send alert to my.token only works with trigger based smart campaigns

Hi all,

Humble pie for me. Recently I raised a ticket, as send an alert off a batch campaign to a token email address wasn't working.

I had not idea that this was not possible so I though I would share in-case anyone searched for a similar problem.

Support quote
'In closing, converting that campaign to a trigger will make it so your My Tokens work in alert flow steps.'

http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Use+Tokens+in+Flow+Steps

To solve I created a trigger campaign and used the 'campaign is requested'

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Send alert to my.token only works with trigger based smart campaigns

Hi Matt - yes, this is brought up every now and then - especially when people want to use the "send alert" flow step as a alternate way to CC the sales executive on all emails sent to their customers.  It's stated in the product docs, but many fail to realize that this only works for trigger campaigns.  For batch campaigns, it needs to be hard-coded, without using a token.

Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Send alert to my.token only works with trigger based smart campaigns

Hi Matt - yes, this is brought up every now and then - especially when people want to use the "send alert" flow step as a alternate way to CC the sales executive on all emails sent to their customers.  It's stated in the product docs, but many fail to realize that this only works for trigger campaigns.  For batch campaigns, it needs to be hard-coded, without using a token.

Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

pastedImage_1.png