Send Alert Flow Step

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Alert Flow Step

How does the "send alert" flow step work? It's used in our of our campaigns (if a lead fils out a form, the campaign will send an alert email to the lead owner). What if the lead isn't in our SFDC system? Who will receive the email?? What if the lead IS in our system, but they are in as a contact? Will the contact owner receive the email? Any insight would be awesome.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Send Alert Flow Step

Kelly,

If the lead isn't in your SFDC system, the email will be sent to whom ever the flow step indicates (normally specified in the "other emails" box).  If the lead is in your system a contact, it will send to the Contact's owner if you specify in the flow step that you want it sent to the Lead Owner.

The Lead Owner field in Marketo is actually a 2-to-1 mapping to the Lead and Contact owner fields in SFDC, so specifying Lead Owner in the Marketo flow step will automatically send to the correct owner (if one was specified in the Lead/Contact record).

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Jesse
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use conditions on our Send Alert flow that defaults to a specific person if the lead has no owner. We've also previous set the owner to "Use Auto-Assignement Rules" configured through the SFDC side.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

I think of the "Send Alert" flow step as a way to send an email to someone else other than the lead record itself.

Hope that helps!
Carol
Anonymous
Not applicable

To clarify: if i include the "Sync lead to SFDC" flow step BEFORE the "send alert email to lead owner" flow step, will marketo push the lead to SFDC (if the lead isn't in there), assign it to a lead owner based on territory assignments, and then send an alert email to that lead owner?