Selective Nurture Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Selective Nurture Campaign

Hi, Can someone please help me with the below?

I enter a new lead into Marketo and all the corporate e-mails automatically starts going to that lead. Whereas, I would want only selective nurturing e-mails to go to that lead which I send out. 

How can I work this out?

Thanks,
Vijesh
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Selective Nurture Campaign

Hi Vijesh,

It really depends on your setup and if the corp emails are operational.

It sounds like you are looking to start something of a preference center, at least behind the scenes. So you'll need to create new fields such as "corporate communications", "nurture", "newsletters", etc. And then when creating new leads via import or one-off you'll give them true/false values for those fields. Then you set up smart lists and always exclude those that are "opted-out" from the appropriate communications.

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim, 

Thanks... 

The Corp e-mail is operational and driven from HQ. When I bring in say 5 new leads (exec level) for whom I want to run the nurturing campaign at regular intervals, these leads Opt-Out/Unsubscribe because of the various other Corp. mailers. Hence, I dont want to expose those leads to all mailers from HQ...

I ll try the method you suggested above...

Rgds,
Vijesh
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Vijesh, do you use any segmentations that you could apply to this, so that someone would need to be in a specific segment to receive certain emails? If not, this would be a great application for segmentations.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're just trying to figure out what is going on in your subsription, I also recommend looking at a sample lead's Activity Log, that will tell you which campaigns are running automatically so you can figure out how to change them (as Kim mentioned)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all

@ Dory: Can you share briefly how I can create a segment and get those leads out of the general e-mail campaigns? 

Rgds,
Vijesh