Segments with Static List in Web Personalization not matching correctly

Ana_Ortega1
Level 1

Segments with Static List in Web Personalization not matching correctly

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm trying to launch a In Zone campaign for a segment that is as follows: Member of Static List - [Name of Static List].

They matches that I get are not correct, I have two different problems:

• Not all the matches are people from members of the static list - and I don't know if this is a problem as it shouldn't show the campaign to people that don't belong to that segment because or Static list (the Static List membership is the only filter of the segment).
  • When I do test with my users, and I visit the website where I'm going to place the In Zone, I am not in the "matched visitors". Either I'm not counting as a matched visitor in the segment that I am in or I'm counting as matched visitor in a different segment I have.

Does any of you had the same problem? Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Ana Cristina Ortega
Markeitng Consultant at Kapturall
1 REPLY 1
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Segments with Static List in Web Personalization not matching correctly

Hi @Ana_Ortega1 ! 

• Not all the matches are people from members of the static list - and I don't know if this is a problem as it shouldn't show the campaign to people that don't belong to that segment because or Static list (the Static List membership is the only filter of the segment).

Are you seeing a large amount of these incorrect matches? I haven't encountered incorrect matches with static lists - double-check your segment and campaign to make sure no other filters are being applied. I'd also recommend opening a support ticket for this.

• When I do test with my users, and I visit the website where I'm going to place the In Zone, I am not in the "matched visitors". Either I'm not counting as a matched visitor in the segment that I am in or I'm counting as matched visitor in a different segment I have.

You'll need to identify as a member of your segment in order to see the campaign. However, we've encountered long delays between identifying as a member of the segment and actually seeing/testing the campaign, so we've started testing campaigns by displaying them to an unrestricted audience using a url parameter. Just be sure to check the box to include the URL parameter.

Carrie_Chandle1_0-1583772087254.png

If we're happy with the preview, we'll change the audience back to the correct segment and remove the url parameter.

Hope this helps.