Segment changes logging in Activity Log?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Segment changes logging in Activity Log?

I have a segment called Nurture Stage, with the below segments (in order):

No Nurture
Late
Mid
Early

I have a trigger set up that looks for a segmentation change to No Nurture, and it will pause the lead in their engagement program.

My leads are changing segmentation correctly, and ending up in No Nurture when appropriate.   BUT those segment change to No Nurture isn't being logged in the activity log, so my trigger isn't firing and my leads aren't being paused.  

I'm trying to figure out if this is expected behavior. There are other segment changes that ARE being captured, which is really odd - I've seen chagnes to Default and Mid so far.  

Has anyone experienced this before? Does it have something to do with the order?

Thanks,
Amy

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Segment changes logging in Activity Log?

Hi Amy,

When you change a segmentation (add/remove segments) and you re-approve, we do not log a Change data value for that lead.  This is as designed system behavior.  If you change a segmentation, you will need to create batch campaigns to update your engagement programs.

Thanks
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl - thanks for the response!

To clarify, I"m not talking about modifying my segmentation.  I"m talking about a lead that changes attributes and now qualifies for a different segment within that segmentation.  For example, if you become a customer in our model, we stop nurturing you, and have set up rules to move you into the No Nurture segment of our Nurture Stage segmentation (my example above).

My leads that convert to customers are being segmented correctly (ie, the segmentation is working properly and they now show as belonging to the No Nurture segement), but i do not see a segment change in their activity log.  However, some instances of moving to a different segment ARE being logged. It appears to be happening inconsistently. 

I spoke to support today and now have a ticket 00247100 open on this issue. I'm trying to understand if being moved to a new segment is expected to be recorded on a lead's activity log, and why this seems to happen some times but not others.

thanks,
Amy

Sara_Dieguez1
Level 1

Hi Amy,

We're experiencing the same issue. Leads are in the correct segment but the change segment activity doesn't appear in the activity log.

Did support come back to you? Could that be solved?

Thank you in advance

Sara

Sara Dieguez