Re: Seed Lists bypassing exclusions

Alissa_Greco
Level 1

Seed Lists bypassing exclusions

Is it possible to make a seed list that can just be attached to every campaign and bypasses the limit rules and specific exclusion rules?

Alissa K. Greco
3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Nope sorry, certainly not that I am aware of anyway. 

We have a segmentation set up which we add to each email send campaign / smart campaign based on region. For example, if APAC requested the send, then we have criteria something like the below, where 1 and 2 are the core audience, and 3 is a segment of the "seed list segmentation" which corresponds with APAC.

(1 and 2) or 3

I'm not sure how you could bypass communication limits on a person-by-person basis though. I know you can do it for individual campaigns, but not sure how you do it with people.

Alissa_Greco
Level 1

Yes so right now my seed list consists of core marketing team members and managers to ensure our emails send out appropriately. However if we have a send where we want to exclude company members from a send, but want to keep the seed list senders with the company domains. Also, we do actual "test" sends to make sure certain programs run correctly and this is where the person limit can cause an issue....

Alissa K. Greco
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

If I understand you correctly, then maybe you could have a custom Marketo field with something like "Is Seed List"...make it a boolean field, and mark it True for the seed list.

Then you could combine that with the email address domain to give the flexibility you need. Eg:

Is Seed List is True AND

Email Address contains "@google.com"

Does that works?