See which emails are forwarded the most

Anonymous
Not applicable

See which emails are forwarded the most

How can we tell which emails from our engagement campaign are forwarded the most?  What about WHO is forwarding? 

I'd like to have an interesting moment created for each person who forwards - that tells me WHICH email they forwarded.

Any suggestions? I can't figure out the triggers to put in the description (or how to ID which email).  I'm open to other mechanisms too. Any ideas are appreciated. thanks!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: See which emails are forwarded the most

Hey Meagan, unfortunately you can't get much information about forwarding of emails unless it leads to one of the new recipients going to a landing page and filling out a form to become known themselves. Aside from this, there's no visibility into who is forwarding emails, and where they're going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: See which emails are forwarded the most

If you are okay with a manual process you can use Litmus analytics to check forwarded information. Just add a tracking code to the emails you would like information on. Not ideal or integrated with MKTO but you can get this info. I'm sure EoA has the same functionality.

Instructions for Litmus.

Also, you could make use of Forward to a Friend. Would not account for email client forwards though.