Sandbox Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sandbox Question

I have a vendor who would like to test some things out with my Marketo environment, having never used the Sandbox before can you guys point me in the right direction on what I can do with it?

Does it matter if you have already done your SFDC sync?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sandbox Question

The sandbox is very similar to Marketo production environment. The main difference it that I believe there is a low cap on the amount of emails that you can send from a sandbox per day. This is because your sandbox is meant for testing not for marketing.

If you have synced your sandbox to an SFDC already then that's fine. Ideally you will have synced your Marketo sandbox to an SFDC sandbox. Once you sync a Marketo instance to an SFDC org they are paired for good, it's not possible to switch your Marketo sandbox to sync with another SFDC org. It's ok to refresh your SFDC sandbox but you will need to contact Marketo support to help you to re-establish the sync after the refresh is complete.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Rgs,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cathal,

What is the impact on the Marketo sandbox data & customization in case i refresh the connected SFDC sandbox?

Since i refresh my SFDC sandbox it's get deleted and a new copy of sandbox is created. 

When Marketo support establish the connection with the new SFDC sandbox instance will the functionlaity (Custom objects) and records will be  restored?

Or is it like since my SFDC sandbox is deleted all the custom fields or lead data which was in synch will get lost and i have to reinvent everything.

Please advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to sync a Marketo instance with a Salesforce sandbox after the Marketo instance has been synced with a Salesforce production instance? To switch it?  Or does that fall under this situation: "Once you sync a Marketo instance to an SFDC org they are paired for good, it's not possible to switch your Marketo sandbox to sync with another SFDC org."
Anonymous
Not applicable

oops posted in the wrong spot- sorry