SOLVED

Samples Sent to Email Inbox are Different

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samples Sent to Email Inbox are Different

Background:

I am currently building an email in sandbox that utilizes tokens for dynamic content within a pre-built snippet. This token content is in another language.

Issue:

When in preview mode, I see the token visible within the snippet and everything looks good. When I send a sample email through the edit mode, the content that should be pulled from the token is incorrect and shows "Contact Sales" in English. However, when I do a send sample in the email preview mode, the correct content is brought into the token using the correct language.

Question:

Is this normal behavior for the program to show two separate things in edit mode send sample vs. preview mode send sample? Why is it doing this and should it be of concern when developing my email programs?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Samples Sent to Email Inbox are Different

Hi David,

We have observed issues with the way thing are rendered in Preview in other domains (such as velocity scripts). Our experience is that the send sample is more reliable.

Have you activated the editor v2?

If so, you may want to log a support ticket and then signal it in this community to Justin Cooperman

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Samples Sent to Email Inbox are Different

Hi David,

We have observed issues with the way thing are rendered in Preview in other domains (such as velocity scripts). Our experience is that the send sample is more reliable.

Have you activated the editor v2?

If so, you may want to log a support ticket and then signal it in this community to Justin Cooperman

-Greg