Re: Salesforce Sync Status "Sync Schema" - What does "Skippped" mean in this context?

Sheila-EDB
Level 1

Salesforce Sync Status "Sync Schema" - What does "Skippped" mean in this context?

When I look in a Marketo Instance under Admin > Salesforce > Sync Status I would like to better understand what the "Skipped" column means specifically for "Sync Schema" operation.

I consistently see "12" in the Skipped column for Person (aka Lead) object. The Marketo documentation for "skipped" says "Count of records skipped because there were no changes to fields of interest for the Sync". But what does this mean in the context of "Sync Schema"? There are many more fields hidden to the Marketo Profile in SFDC so that can't be it. Is it 12 fields being skipped or something else?

Thanks for anyone that has insight here.

1 REPLY 1
Ken_Aizawa
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Re: Salesforce Sync Status "Sync Schema" - What does "Skippped" mean in this context?

Hi @Sheila-EDB ,

My understanding for the "Skipped" happening is like this,,,

There exists some field definition's updates in the target object, but they are not affected to the data sync between Marketo and Salesforce on the object, so the changes are skipped. For ex, only some attributes existing in the field are updated.
Every time "Sync Schema" is done, the same logic runs and skips and shows the same skipped result.

Of course , the schema changes are affected to the data sync (for ex, new field created, any field deletion/hidden happened), it will not be skipped.

Does it make sense?