Re: Sales Insight in Dynamics MSCRM 2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insight in Dynamics MSCRM 2013

I am new to Marketo and the Dynamics 2013 interface is new since it just came out.  The videos about Sales Insight use SalesForce - so there are a few things I cannot seem to find in MSCRM.  Inside the Insight Dashboard in a lead, there is no "actions" tab.  Meaning that I cannot "add to a Marketo campaign" or "send a Marketo email".  These are extremely important pieces of functionality.  Am i looking in the wrong place?

On an unrelated note, Marketo doesnt work with Outlook 2013, making the ability to "send Marketo email" through my CRM essential.  

Please help, thanks.  
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're still new to Marketo, but we were told that the "add to a Marketo campaign" or "send a Marketo email" functions are currently not available for Dynamics. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristie, I believe the "send a Marketo email" limitation is only for Gmail. Outlook plugin is enabled.

The issue on whether it works with Outlook 2013 or only witih previous versions, I can't speak to, though I would imagine that has no been resolved.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Don - What Kristie is referring to is the inability to "send a Marketo email" through our CRM which is Microsoft Dynamics.  Not through email.

Kristie - I belive you are right.  This capability is not possible with Microsoft Dynamics as far as I have found.  

I have been informed by Marketo that an Outlook plugin compatible with Outlook 2013 won't be available until this spring.  I'd advise anyone who uses this feature to make sure it is available before upgrading.  We had to have our entire sales team roll back to Outlook 2010.  

Compatable versions - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAijCAG

jiuying_LI
Level 3

Hi,

"I cannot "add to a Marketo campaign" or "send a Marketo email".  These are extremely important pieces of functionality." => we have the same problem in our MS CRM 2013.

Here is a great dicussion about this topic. https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JQ4iAAG

Graham's suggestion could be a short time solution to make this functionality ourselves. The inconvinient is that you need to have  a new custum field on your CRM side :

Request campaign suggestion:
1. Field in CRM
Create a custom (text) field on lead/contact called "Request_Marketing_Campaign".  You expose that field on the Lead/Contact to sales reps as a drop down with predefined values (corresponding to campaign names).

2. Trigger off of CRM field in Marketo
In Marketo, set up corresponding campaigns to trigger on Data Value Changes in the "Request_Marketing_Campaign" field. Marketo then fires the appropriate action based on their request via the field. 

3. Reset CRM field for future use
After executing the campaign, be sure the change the "Request_Marketing_Campaign" back to NULL so that the rep can request a different campaign.

Patrick_Cava2
Level 2

has anyone implemented this workaround for "add to campaign" for adding leads/contacts to Dynamics campaigns? Would like to be able to add people to campaigns and change their status from a Marketo campaign in Dynamics.