Sales insight Email Tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales insight Email Tracking

Is there any way to track email results from emails sent via sales insight to measure the effectiveness of each template?

thanks,

Adam
Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Sales insight Email Tracking

I think this is coming soon. At least Marketo is possibliy going to show at the Summit in April.
At the moment its several discussion and ideas around MSI email reporting.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear this, thanks Edward! - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a program that specifically monitors Sales Insight emails, so I can at least measure opens, clicks, etc. I clone emails from other programs into this program specifically for MSI use.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason - do you mind sharing how your created a program that specificially monitors Sales Insight emails? We would like to measure these stats as well but can't wrap our heads around it. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the elements of the program:
0EM50000000RY7K.jpg

Each of the Smart Campaigns is based on a Trigger that listens for Sales Email activity. Here's an example of the Opened smart campaign:
0EM50000000RY7P.jpg

For us, "Conversion" is being added to an Opportunity if someone was ever sent a sales email (ie. Sales Insight had a "piece" of the opportunity process):

0EM50000000RY7U.jpg

Hope this helps!

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hey Jason-

Did you create a separate channel for Sales Email? If so... what is the advantage to this vs just an email blast channel? Also - do you do this just as a program for all SI emails or is there a timeframe you do this by?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did create a separate channel...this is different from the Email Blast channel b/c this is sales sending it out vs. marketing and it is 1-to-1 or 1-to-few vs. 1-to-many in marketing email sends. I leave this program running at all times just to keep track of things.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

@Jason - How do you deal with unsubscribes. I don't see an option to specify "Unsubscribed from SALES email". Do you have a work around like - unsubscribed = true and was sent sales email in past day?

You can't receive emails through SFDC MSI if you are unsubscribed but you can through the plug-in right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my Sales Insight emails are contained in that program, so if they unsubscribe from an email that is part of that program, they will hit that smart campaign.