Sales alert for engagment program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales alert for engagment program

I'm trying to create a sales alert for my engagment program that will work for each email that we send out instead of having to create a new sales alert email for each email sent.  I was wondering if there is a way to use interesting moments so that when someone clicks on a link in an email, our sales rep will receive a sales alert that will capture this action.  What is the easiest way to do this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Sales alert for engagment program

Hey Melissa,

You can use campaign-context specific tokens for this purpose.  For example, if you have a trigger campaign with Clicks link in email, the result Sales Alert email can include the {{trigger.Name}} token in order to include the name of the email in which the link was clicked.  You can see this article for more informaiton:   https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KywJCAS  It's called Tokens for Interesting Moments, but the tokens are available in the full context of the campaign, including alert emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny,

I was wondering how this is set up and how the sales alert will know what link someone clicked on.  In our Emails we have more than one link, does this mean we will need more than one trigger token?  Also, how do you set it up the smart campaign triggers and trigger tokens so that the sales alert will indicate what link someone clicked on in what email?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm stumped because I don't know what category to use in the interesting moment, how that connects to the trigger tokens, which trigger token to use and where to put the trigger token so that it reflects what links were click in what email.  Basically I'm trying to avoid creating new sales alerts for every email in my engagement program.  Is this possible?  There is no where in the marketo learning center that discuesses how to set up interesting moments and trigger tokens, it just says what they do.  I undestand what they do and they sound very useful but how do they actually work? 

Could someone please help me with this?
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Melissa,

It's pretty simple to create a generic sales alert.  The campaign would look something like this:

Smart List:
Clicked Link in Email
Email is Any

Flow:
Send Alert
'Clicked Link Alert'

Your Alert Email would look something like this:

Hi {{lead.Lead Owner First Name}}

{{lead.Full Name}} Clicked a link in an Email:

Email Name:  {{trigger.Name}}
Link:  {{trigger.Link}}

This will create an alert on a per click basis which populates the name of the email in which a link was clicked, and the Link which the lead clicked.  trigger.Name populates the name of the email, and trigger.Link populates the link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny,

I'm also wondering if there is a way to use interesting moments so that each action done by the lead is recorded in salesforce but only the last action is actually sent in the sales alert so that our sales reps can get an email alert and then go into salesforce and see every action taken by that lead.  Would I need a seperate smart campaign for this or can I do it in the same "send sales alert" smart campaign?  What would it look like in the smart campaign?