Sales alert being sent to lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales alert being sent to lead

Hi,
I followed the instructions for setting up a sales alert outlined in this topic. Here's the text of the email:

Hi Sales team,
The lead score for {{lead.Full Name:default=edit me}} has changed to {{lead.Lead Score:default=edit me}}. S/he is now ready for sales follow-up.
{{SP_Send_Alert_Info:default=edit me}}
Thank you.
Marketing team

I set the alert trigger to Score change, and for testing purposes, I had the email sent only to me. However, when I received the first email, I found that it was also sent to the lead according to the email text:

Hi Sales team,
The lead score for Khaled XXX has changed to 56. S/he is now ready for sales follow-up.
<strong>Marketo Alert Information</strong><br>Lead: <a href="[URL removed]">Khaled XXX</a>  <a href="[URL removed]"> (SFDC Detail)</a><br>Campaign: Scoring - Spark Edition - 1.Alert trigger campaign<br>Time: Jan 05, 2015 05:16 pm PST
Thank you.
Marketing team
This email was sent to alzoubi@XXX.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe here: [URL removed].

How can I ensure that no future emails are sent outside our organization? I don't see anything in either the email alert or the trigger to indicate that the email will be sent to the lead.

Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sales alert being sent to lead

Hi TN,

How do you found that it was also sent to the lead according to the email text:?

In the lead's activity details,
Does it have an activity of type 'Send Email'?
or
Does it have an activity of type 'Send Alert'? 

If you double click on that activity, it will show which email addresses the alert was sent to.
For send email action, there will not be any email address as it is implied to go to the lead.

In the 'Send Alert' action, do you have it going to the lead owner?
ot a hardcoded 'sales team' address?

Hope this will guide your debug process...

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

In additon to Rajesh's advice, you could also double-check you are using a "Send Alert" flow step and not a "Send Email" flow step, as these will do very different things...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rajesh and Justin.
I checked the lead's details and an alert was sent to him.
I set up the alert to send to my email address only for testing purposes, so no one on the Sales team received it. However, in the footer of the alert that I received, it said:
This email was sent to alzoubi@XXX.com.
I'm not certain why this is happening as I'm fairly certain that I didn't configure it this way.
Thanks again!