SOLVED

Re: SaleForce and Marketo Integration changes/help

Go to solution
Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

SaleForce and Marketo Integration changes/help

Hi everyone,

My company is changing some contact fields in SalesForce, more particularly, we are changing our 'Country' and 'State' fields from a text field to a pick-list field. I am told that I need to use a campaign to normalize the data so that our integration doesn't get out of sync. Can anyone help and guide me on how to do this exactly?

To give some context, this is what I was told:

"It could cause sync issues if they have them configured as required from the picklist and we don’t have the expected value. Also with State/Country fields they can have a friendly value and an integration value. Whatever we have in Marketo would need to be the integration value. So they may need to have some campaigns in Marketo that normalize the data. They will probably want to make those decisions and normalize the data in Marketo before making the change to prevent sync issues"

Thanks in advanced.

Best,

Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Jake,

We recently did the same, we changed the country value from "text" to "picklist", now in order to avoid the error "Country" values should match the exact values as of picklist. You can achieve this in two ways:

1. By downloading the country database and normalizing it in excel and uploading it back.

2. Normalization: By normalizing the data, by normalization I mean say your current text field has 4 values for the country United States, USA, United States of America, U.S.A, now you can create a normalizing campaign saying:

SMARTLIST:

Country is not empty

FLOW:

CHOICE 1: If Country is United States, USA, United States of America, U.S.A,

Change Data Value to United States ( Your Picklist values)

CHOICE 2: If Country is UK, United Kingdom, U.K.

Change Data Value to United Kingdom ( Your Picklist values)

Similarly for other countries.

This may be an easy way to normalize 80% of the database.

Thanks

Ankit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Jake,

We recently did the same, we changed the country value from "text" to "picklist", now in order to avoid the error "Country" values should match the exact values as of picklist. You can achieve this in two ways:

1. By downloading the country database and normalizing it in excel and uploading it back.

2. Normalization: By normalizing the data, by normalization I mean say your current text field has 4 values for the country United States, USA, United States of America, U.S.A, now you can create a normalizing campaign saying:

SMARTLIST:

Country is not empty

FLOW:

CHOICE 1: If Country is United States, USA, United States of America, U.S.A,

Change Data Value to United States ( Your Picklist values)

CHOICE 2: If Country is UK, United Kingdom, U.K.

Change Data Value to United Kingdom ( Your Picklist values)

Similarly for other countries.

This may be an easy way to normalize 80% of the database.

Thanks

Ankit

Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

Hi Ankit,

Thank you so much for your response. This was a huge help!! I really didn't want to "break" anything with out integration and you saved me!

Thanks,

Jake