Re: RTP / Facebook Custom Audiences

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

RTP / Facebook Custom Audiences

Last week we enabled Facebook retargeting custom audiences using RTP data. We created 3 custom combinations with the following segmented audiences. When we enabled the audience, we initially saw 30 people in the first bucket, but a day later they all disappeared. We've adjusted the retention window to 180 days, and still no luck with any of the audiences. See below:

Pasted image at 2016_03_17 03_34 PM (1).png

I understand match rate is lower for Facebook (we typically see about 5%), but the fact that we're not seeing ANY matches in Facebook leads me to believe there is something wrong with the integration or perhaps the way we configured the segments (although - we followed the documentation step by step). We also don't have a problem with Google.

We seemed to have stumped support, so I wanted to ask if anyone else has found success with the Facebook retargeting integration? Is there anything glaringly obvious that we're missing?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you adjust the timeframe?

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

We had adjusted the retention window, but nothing else,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aubrey,

We saw that you used to have 2 Facebook tracking codes installed on your website, each one of them has a different account ID.

[see the screenshot below and How to find my FB Ads ID?​]

Although it's possible to put 2 FB trackers on same page, RTP doesn't support it.

So in this case, RTP will only send data to the first account loaded on the page.

I see now that you removed one of the tags and confirmed that the RTP data is sent properly so I believe you should be able to see the data there.

If not, please let me know.

1. How to find my FB ID in the developer tools:

pastedImage_6.png

2. How to verify that the RTP data is sent over to FB?

pastedImage_7.png