Reusing programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reusing programs

Hi.... If I send an email blast today to a specifc group and send the blast to new groups throughout the week, how can I keep reusing the program? 

thanks! 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Reusing programs

Carla, 

Elliott helped me on a drip campaign that I'm running and it's on going.  He also provided an example of a program that's weekly.  Scroll down to the bottom where he mentions the telemarketer program. He also shows a sample of status progression.

We have ongoing drip campaigns within a program, that then gets moved to a sales cycle campaign. https://community.marketo.com/apex/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PbJiAAK 

I hope this helps. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reusing programs

The program can be easily reused by adding a new smart campaign in the same program.

The "Program" contains both the Email message as well as any campaigns used to send that message.  
The "Email" is the message you're sending
The "Smart Campaigns" are used to send the Email to various lists.

On Monday you create a Smart Campagn (say you call it "Send Group 1")
On Tuesday, you can simply create a second Smart Campaign with a new audience and call it "Send Group 2".
On Wednesday, you can create a third Smart Campaign and call it "Send Group 3".   

If you want to make sure that nobody gets the same message twice, include the filter "Not Was Sent Email" for the email you're trying to send.