Restore Visibility to SFDC Field

elliott_mw
Level 1

Restore Visibility to SFDC Field

If I remove a SFDC field's visibility to the Marketo sync user profile and then weeks or months later restore that visibility, will that field begin to sync with the Marketo field to which it was previously synciing or will it create a new Marketo field?

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleMarcoe1
Level 2

Re: Restore Visibility to SFDC Field

Do you have a sandbox you can test this out in? 

I believe they will start syncing again but would need to test.

A few things to keep in mind any SFDC workflows or reports that reference the fields will be effected. If the fields are not hidden in Marketo there will be months of data in Marketo but not in SFDC. 

Why do you want to remove visibility and then restore later? Could you just remove the fields from the SFDC view that you don't want them on and still have them sync if the goal is to have the data in SFDC. 

elliott_mw
Level 1

Re: Restore Visibility to SFDC Field

We are removing the field(s) because they are updated frequently in SFDC, are unused (currently) in Marketo and they contribute to sync cycle delays and sync backlogs.  It's possible in the future that we may want to use that data in Marketo and I'd like to understand how that will work.  I can test it in the sandbox, but was hoping someone would know the answer already.