Responsive Email Design Breaking with Wiziwig Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Responsive Email Design Breaking with Wiziwig Editor

Hello!

We recently created a new responsive email design, and it tests beautifully. However, when I change an image using the Marketo wiziwig editor, it reorders a number of my elements and tags, which appears to be breaking the responsive design.

I haven't been able to identify what exactly is breaking the design, but here's an example of Marketo's changes to the code:

Original:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="emailBody" style="background-color: #ffffff;">

After using the wiziwig editor:
<table id="emailBody" style="background-color: #ffffff;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

Of course, I can make changes using HTML, but if we ever accidentally edit an image, we would have to rebuild the email from the original template again.

Has anyone come across this issue? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Responsive Email Design Breaking with Wiziwig Editor

Hi Carolyn,

Unfortunately, my recommendation is that you not edit a responsive email at all with the WYSIWYG editor. You should make the changes in the HTML. If you use the WYSIWYG, you'll inevitably have to fix the HTML.

Sorry!
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Hey Carolyn,

I'd encourage you to check out Knak. Knak allows Marketers to quickly and easily create responsive Marketo email and landing page templates with no coding required. You can then bring it into Marketo and edit, and everything will remain responsive, no matter how you edit it.

www.knak.io - you can make your first template for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, folks!

We actually figured it out. Marketo was changing the case of a number of our IDs and classes – once we normalized the case (e.g. uppercase/lowercase), it seemed to fix the issue.

Cheers,

Carolyn