Re: Reporting on Marketo Program Success in Salesforce OR custom Marketo reports?

florenzoNIP
Level 2

Reporting on Marketo Program Success in Salesforce OR custom Marketo reports?

My company has Marketo, Bizible, and Salesforce, and we are trying to figure out the best way to extract the data we need from any one of the three platforms to use in a dashboard view. We don't care which platform we view the data in, but I can't seem to pull what we need in any of them. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, it would be a huge help! 

Here is what we are trying to do:

We want to build a report that shows us the following (either in one report or in a dashboard view): 

- Form Program

- Channel

- The number of Leads/Contacts converted by the form program

- The number of opportunities created (and the opp/lead conversion rate)

- The number of closed-won opportunities (and conversion rate)

Some Roadblocks: 

We have about 7 forms connected to over 50 form programs, each containing a unique channel and criteria. We create tasks for our sales team using these unique form programs by cross-referencing a "Fills out form" trigger with a condition of the "Referral URL" contains "/exampleurl/".  Some of these form fills have multiple referral URLs associated with them. 

For that reason, we cannot use form names for any of these reports; they have to be pulled based on the form program. 

Here is what I have tried so far... 

In Marketo, the most I could figure out was a person-by-program influence report that pulled in the form programs, the conversions, the opportunities (and conversion rates), and closed-won.  Here are the issues: 

- The report uses an acquisition program, so it only shows those who have converted on that form program the first time they enter the system. Because of the nature of our business, we need them included even if they are existing and just re-filled out a form. 

- I can't seem to get a channel on the report. 

- The report doesn't let me filter down to just form programs, so I am getting all programs, and I don't want everything. 

florenzoNIP_0-1622235836348.png

Next, I tried Salesforce: 

- Since we write all form programs as salesforce campaigns, I was able to pull the initial conversions by campaign name (which equals our form program names) using a campaigns with opportunities report. BUT it wouldn't show me a channel or connect the opportunity data. I think because we have a unique opportunity set up where each of our opps have multiple contacts associated as "Contact Roles," sometimes one of our producer contacts can be associated with many opportunities. 

This is what I got from there: 

florenzoNIP_1-1622235953994.png

Bizible by way of salesforce: 

Then I thought Bizible was the answer! It is supposed to marry the data from Marketo and SF and bucket them into Channels and have multi-touch attribution, right? 

Unfortunately, I pulled various reports and can't seem to get the data I need on the form program level. I can only get the landing pages to show so far. Perhaps there is something we are not setting up properly in Bizible? this is what I have on the configuration side of the house: 

florenzoNIP_2-1622236985984.png

I know that was a lot to unpack, but if anyone has any suggestions on how I can create these reports, it would be a huge help! The project came with a very tight deadline (Wednesday ðŸ˜¬).

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

6 REPLIES 6
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Re: Reporting on Marketo Program Success in Salesforce OR custom Marketo reports?

Hello! I know this is a touch late but wanted to comment as we use the same tech stack at my company. 

We often use the Bizible data within SFDC, using the Bizible Attribution Touchpoint with Opportunity report type. Some docs that may be helpful on that: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/bizible/using/bizible-salesforce-reporting/bizible-reports/r... // https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/bizible/using/bizible-salesforce-reporting/bizible-reports/o....

As for our configuration, we ensure that our Bizible Channels, SFDC Campaign Types and Marketo Channels have as close to a 1-1-1 alignment as possible, with some nuances with Bizible since that provides more granular options. We utilize SFDC Campaigns for quite a bit of our tracking but have a clear understanding of what Bizible will automatically pick up vs. what we're tracking in SFDC Campaigns (paid media in Bizible vs. events in SFDC Campaigns) - with either route, we can use the Ad Campaign Name filter in these reports. This report type also provides Opportunity filters, so we can filter on things like stage, create date, region, etc. 

Mariah Mattick
florenzoNIP
Level 2

Thanks, Mariah! We are trying to do something similar. Though our program names are not coming through to the Ad Campaign Name field in Bizible for some reason. We are still trying to work that out. I did speak to someone from Marketo/Bizible that warned me that by using Marketo Programs and Digital Touchpoint data in Bizible we are essentially duplicating touchpoints. Do you run into the same issue? 

Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

We definitely have! We do our best to have good communication with the team that runs our paid media efforts to make sure those get captured in Bizible (via the digital touchpoint) and that we know the Ad Campaign Name to use in our reporting - a lot of the times this works great, but there are of course instances where we unintentionally double-count touchpoints.

Mariah Mattick
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Here is a snippet of the report editor in case this is helpful. 

Mariah_Mattick_0-1623260458930.png

Mariah Mattick
florenzoNIP
Level 2

That is helpful thank you very much! Slowly but surely we are getting there. We managed to figure out that many of our Marketo programs were not writing touchpoints properly, so that issue is being solved as we speak, and we were able to create reports as you suggested. Once the programs backfill we should see more of that data. 

Now our next issue is digital touchpoints not rendering properly. Do you have your Bizible code in Google tag manager? 

Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Yes, it's in our Google Tag Manager!

Mariah Mattick