report on marketing influenced leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

report on marketing influenced leads

Hi All,

I am trying to develop some reports on marketing influenced leads by week.  So these are leads that may have come in through another channel, but engaged with us either through email, social, or the website at some point during the buying cycle.

We do use programs with success steps, but we don't have the RCA.

One idea I am considering is an influenced score.  This is different than the lead score beause it is just scoring on level of engagement vs lead score which is both engagement and demographics.

So every week, we would look  all the opportunities created and evaluate the leads' influenced scores to see how many leads we touched. I like this option because it shows a range of engagement.

We have many leads that come directly through sales without ever visiting the website or receiving an email from us. 

Another idea is to run a report of opporunities opened per week AND the lead has at least program success status.

I'm curious how other have tackled reporting on infuenced leads.

Thanks,
-Jamie
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: report on marketing influenced leads

I think influence score sounds like a great idea. My suggestion is using that in addition to a velocity tracking program to understand the true influence marketo is having. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: report on marketing influenced leads

Thanks Jeffrey,

That's sounds great.  We are considering adding a timestamp field that records date of first marketing engagement so we can track from created date to first marketing touchpoint through opened opportunity.  We plan to give each touchpoint one point.  Then we will see how long it takes and how many touchpoints are required to move a lead to open opportunity.

Best,
-Jamie