Removing Engaged Sales Opportunities from Marketing Activities

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Engaged Sales Opportunities from Marketing Activities

Marketo Community,

Our head of sales has asked that we put something in place to ensure that companies that are engaged with us in a sales cycle do not receive marketing emails from us.  I am really struggling with ideas/best practices for this.

What i've done so far:  I have a smart campaign running that suspends marketing to any contact who has an SFDC opportunity.   But, problem is...that only suspends the person (or people) tied to an SFDC opportunity - not everyone from that company.  (Believe me - our sales team is B A D at adding people to their opportunities in SFDC)

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into similar problems?  Certainly seems like a challenge to remove EVERYONE within a given company when we have an opportunity with them.

Anyone have any fixes, or best practices around this??

Any help would be appreciated.  Duke.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Engaged Sales Opportunities from Marketing Activities

Duke,

You could create an Account Status field on the Account object and have a value like "Sales Engaged", which would apply to any Contacts under that field. Add that to your Marketing Suspended smart list and you should be good to go.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing Engaged Sales Opportunities from Marketing Activities

I agree with Jason. It's also a great idea to automate the Account Status field if you can. For example, make it a pick list field that automatically changes to "Sales Engaged" when an opportunity is created on the account.

Steer clear of making it a formula field because Marketo may not always see a formula update.