Remove leads from Engagement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove leads from Engagement

Dear All,

I am evaluating to switch our campaign from drip to engagement. The engagement campaign will be structured in a way that it is still more like a drip nurture due to the fact that each stream (7) represents a knockout criteria. Therefore, leads do not move from one stream to the other. The knockout criteria I am talking about are not fundamental knock outs, i.e. the lead can pass the criteria over time and can then move on with the application process, hence, why it is important to keep them engaged.

I do prefer engagement though because of the easier performance evaluation of the content, the prioritization of content and overall ability to keep in touch with leads and engage with them.

In that respect I have come across a couple of issues that you might be able to clarify:

1.     Because leads are not moving from one stream to the other, I am not using transition rules. When a lead now enters a stream and the content in the stream was successful and the lead fills out the next form, what is necessary to remove the lead from the stream?

è  (This is the solution I think) Change “Program Status” to “Not in Program”, this would mean that the lead is actually out of the stream again but for that I would need to first say that the lead is a “Member” of the program in the smart list that pulls the lead into the stream (right? Please confirm or comment). Then I would need to have another smart campaign where I define when the lead should be removed from the stream. So I’d always have two campaigns, one to pull lead into the stream and one to remove it again.

è  All streams have a smart campaign that sets the requirements in the smart list regarding who to pull into the stream. If a lead would now fulfill the requirements of a different stream, e.g. because the lead filled out the next form, would that mean that the lead is automatically pulled out of stream A and enters Stream B? (Would Mkto be that smart?)

2.     If a lead would unsubscribe, would that mean that he/she is automatically pulled out of the stream/program?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove leads from Engagement

Hi Adrien,
1. Instead of pulling them out of the program entirely, I would suggest to use the "Change Engagement Program Cadence" flow step and change these leads to "Paused". Thus, the leads will still be in the program but will not receive any more emails from the program. The advantage of this is that you will retain all metrics and history of this lead being in the engagement program. If they are removed from the engagement program entirely, the overall metrics of the engagement program will be cahnged.

1.a Yes! If you want to move a lead from Stream A to Stream B, use the "Change Engagement Program Stream" flow step. The lead will then be removed from A and added to B.

2. The lead will not automatically be pulled out of the engagement program but it will stop receiving emails from it. This is advantageous since all metrics will be kept.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will,

Many thanks for your input!

I had that in mind regarding pausing the cadence, but wouldn't it be tricky with pausing the cadence for a lead in stream A and then potentially pulling the lead still in Stream D? Or could it be that the cadence is paused for a lead in more than 1 stream, i.e. that a stream is actually a member of lets say 3 stream, but for 2 streams the cadence is paused for this specific lead and for 1 stream the cadence is normal?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I "pause" a lead in stream A so that the lead isn't receiving any content anymore for Stream A but at the same time I might want to add the lead to Stream D while keeping all the metrics?
The lead does not move through the streams. But can enter one of the 7 streams individually depending on the KO criteria. Therefore, transition rules are not applied in this case but rather smart campaigns to add and remove leads from a stream.

The issue with “Pausing the Cadence” is that it is paused for the entire engagement campaign and not only for the stream (as would be needed). So when I pause the Cadence for a lead in stream A, this lead does also not receive any content anymore in Stream D or even worse what I have seen, because the lead is paused there is no activity for the lead anymore at all, i.e. the lead cannot even be added to Stream D if it was paused in stream A.