SOLVED

Remove emails from sales insight

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove emails from sales insight

Is there any way to remove emails from SFDC Sales Insight? It looks like ALL of our emails from the last few years have been published to Sales Insight and I would really like to clean things up. Is there any way to do this without going into each individual email in Marketo and editing the settings?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove emails from sales insight

There is not a way to mass remove emails from Sales Insight.  However, you can view all the emails that are currently used by Sales Insight in the Design Studio.  Click on the Top Level Emails and an overview screen will appear.  From there you can sort by descending in the Sales Insight column.  You can then access the emails from here as well.

Helps speed up the process when you make changes to templates as well - you can mass approve this way.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately there isn't.  There's an idea floating around right now to have emails removed after they've been archived.  You can vote for that here: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IY9DAAW
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not a way to mass remove emails from Sales Insight.  However, you can view all the emails that are currently used by Sales Insight in the Design Studio.  Click on the Top Level Emails and an overview screen will appear.  From there you can sort by descending in the Sales Insight column.  You can then access the emails from here as well.

Helps speed up the process when you make changes to templates as well - you can mass approve this way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ericka, this is very helpful. 
The ascending / descending sort option does not work for me in the top level email view, do more people have this problem?
There are 2000+ emails in my view so will still take too long to go through it page by page.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ericka! That's very helpful. Along the same line of questioning...do you know if there is a way to turn off "Publish to Sales Insight" as the default choice in the email settings?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not aware of  a default check setting for "Publish to Sales Insight" or "View as Web Page".  If you clone an email that has those setting checked, the clone will be checked as well. 

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it's not switched on by default. But you might have people cloning old emails which have this switched on. The cloned version will have it switched on too. I had to clean up over a thousand sales insight emails a few months ago. Now I have a very strict policy on it.

When all emails in the system are approved. Approve a small change to the email templates. This will result in new drafts for every email. Go to 'Emails' in 'Design Studio' and order by the Sales Insights column (DESC). First mass approve all emails not published to Sales Insight. Next step is to ask an intern to click on edit draft for each email and empty the sales insight checkbox and approve the emails one by one.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Now I just wish I had an intern....
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few emails that have been published to Sales Insight. One of them I know I added to Sales Insight by going into edit email settings and checking Publish to Sales Insight. Other emails that are there I didn't do this (may have happened from cloning and email) but when I go and edit the email the Publish to Sales Insight is not checked.

How do I clean these up so they are not in Sales Insight?

...Well I figured it out, I had made unchecked Publish to Sales Insight on some older emails, but forgot to approve them. Solved the problem!