SOLVED

Recurring Lead in Marketo cannot sync to MS Dynamics, because it already exists

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recurring Lead in Marketo cannot sync to MS Dynamics, because it already exists

Hello,

I have a question regarding "broken" lead sync.

Let us assume, that a lead is created in Marketo and accordingly syncs to MS Dynamics.

If this lead with the email address as primary key gets deleted in Marketo and  "reregisteres" many months later (data remains untouched in the CRM), is it be possible, that the Marketo and CRM entry will "resync" it's data?

I have tested this with a test lead, and it seems that the lead cannot sync to the CRM, because that specific email address already exists there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Recurring Lead in Marketo cannot sync to MS Dynamics, because it already exists

Hi Vanessa,

This depends on how duplicate prevention is set in Dynamics. In the situation you describe Marketo will consider this lead as a new lead and try to create a new lead in Dynamics. But if you have a rule in Dynamics that forbids insertion of a lead if the email address already exists, then it will fail indeed.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Recurring Lead in Marketo cannot sync to MS Dynamics, because it already exists

Hi Vanessa,

This depends on how duplicate prevention is set in Dynamics. In the situation you describe Marketo will consider this lead as a new lead and try to create a new lead in Dynamics. But if you have a rule in Dynamics that forbids insertion of a lead if the email address already exists, then it will fail indeed.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grégoire,

thanks for the explanation! If that's the case, I guess I have to talk it out with the Microsoft Dynamics admin ...

Vanessa

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Vanessa,

Pls mark it as answered.

-Greg