SOLVED

Recipient address rejected Notifications

Go to solution
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Recipient address rejected Notifications

Does anyone know how to show on the SFDC lead record when someone's email was not delivered because it was invalid?  In the progression of a campaign, the activity just stops and there is not way to tell (without me looking up the lead in Marketo) what happened and why the campaign stopped.  Here is the notice in Marketo

550 5.4.1 rcummings@sfsu.edu: Recipient address rejected

But the sales reps can't see that...they only see that the campaign stopped.  How do I make these notifications appear somewhere in SFDC so the reps can understand why the activity suddenly ceases?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recipient address rejected Notifications

If necessary you could create a trigger campaign:
Smart list : Data Value changes: Email invalid - new value = true
Flow : Send Alert/Create task for lead owner.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sherry,

There is an invalid email field in SFDC. You may have to get your SFDC Administrator to unhide this field. You could make it sync up with Marketo then so that everytime that happens, that field gets ticked.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Hi Kim,

I am the admin - I will ask SFDC how to unhide this field - unless you know?  Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm I saw someone do it before (maybe under some Deliverability section?) but I'm not sure and I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

If necessary you could create a trigger campaign:
Smart list : Data Value changes: Email invalid - new value = true
Flow : Send Alert/Create task for lead owner.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

I found the invalid email option but it's not a field that is hidden, it's an option and I'm still not sure that will work.  I think the best way to handle these would be the trigger campaign Cathal mentioned.  Thank you everyone!