SOLVED

Re-using old Campaigns with new names

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-using old Campaigns with new names

Is there any way to re-name an old campaign an essentially re-use it so that I can guarantee I'm using the same smart list?  I am trying to avoid having to re-create my smart list for campaigns that would use the same parameters.  
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re-using old Campaigns with new names

Earlier this year I created a Ability to create Program Templates Idea, which is a superset of what you want.  Marketo set the Status to "Already Have It", perhaps because they had released their Import Program and Program Library a few months before that.  But I can't add my own "descriptively named" programs to the the public or a private library. 

The problem with cloning is that there may be subtle differences between similarly grouped programs (e.g. tradeshows) and you might clone the wrong program.  Also after you clone a program, you have to be sure to revise all of the old arguments and names or you might just update a member status in the new program based on activities in the old program.  Unfortunately, that is all that is available now.

You can create your own
program or smart list or smart campaign templates by cloning them to a separate campaign folder where you would give the clone a descriptive name and clear the arguments out of the trigger, filter and flow action fields.  Then you would just clone these "templates".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

You can rename your campaign.  But I usually just clone the exact campaign that uses the same smart list and give it a different name.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
How about this... Is there a way to save the smart list so I don't have to re-create that, and sort through 100 campaigns, when I want to run a new campaign?  I can't seem to streamline this process and by the time I dig through old campaigns to decide which to clone, I might as well have started from scratch.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I don't think so, but you should probably post something like that as an idea if there isn't one already.  It'd be like saving the criterias of your smart list, and naming it.  So when you create a new smart campaign, it'll ask you if you want to apply an existing smart list filter to your new smart campaign and it will auto populate. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would create global smart lists in the lead database with "base filters" and organize by naming convention. Then when you reference the smart list, you can add additional filters as needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier this year I created a Ability to create Program Templates Idea, which is a superset of what you want.  Marketo set the Status to "Already Have It", perhaps because they had released their Import Program and Program Library a few months before that.  But I can't add my own "descriptively named" programs to the the public or a private library. 

The problem with cloning is that there may be subtle differences between similarly grouped programs (e.g. tradeshows) and you might clone the wrong program.  Also after you clone a program, you have to be sure to revise all of the old arguments and names or you might just update a member status in the new program based on activities in the old program.  Unfortunately, that is all that is available now.

You can create your own
program or smart list or smart campaign templates by cloning them to a separate campaign folder where you would give the clone a descriptive name and clear the arguments out of the trigger, filter and flow action fields.  Then you would just clone these "templates".

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Yup you can do what Jessie mentioned above by creating your smart list in the leads database first.  I usually start that way for some of our publications broadcasts, but when I have to do the promotional campaigns that uses some of those smart lists it starts to look horrifyingly long, and if I have to reuse that same smart list again within a campaign (which I do), it would be nice to just clone it (the smart list) as a template and save it perhaps to the global leads database or within a program. So yes I voted like to Elliot's suggestion above. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!  This is VERY helpful.