We just upgraded a Marketo instance to https. In order to avoid unsecure content alerts, we have updated the templates, but we also have edited some CSS files (called from the templates) that are hosted in Marketo.
The CSS files are changed on the hard disk (checked 3 times) with the updated classes. But when we upload them to Marketo, the css files timestamp in Marketo is updated, yet, when we call them from the LP or re download them, the older version keeps showing (I have changed browser, cleansed caches, etc.. to no avail)
I also tried to delete the older css and reload it, with the same result.
If I load the new file into Marketo under a new name, it loads perfectly well.
Has anyone experienced this already ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
We’ve experienced this (with images as well). Even after clearing cache. Our only way to resolve this was the way you indicated.
I know - I think it’s just those crazy Irish-Americans!
Thanks for confirming back -like with most initial issues, the answer is often “ just wait s couple of hours”!
I don't have a couple of hours! We seem to swap out images right before sending and replace never works. Then I'm also hesitant to delete the previous version because I can't guarantee it wasn't used somewhere else, so now my image files are getting a bit unruly...
We continually have this issue whenever we try replacing or updating an image or text file, especially CSS files that we have loaded for use with our templates. It sometime takes hours if not days for the changes to display. I'm not sure if it has something to do the way Marketo uses Cloudflare or similar service.