SOLVED

Re: Questions regarding Marketo-SFDC integration

Go to solution
LookBook_HQ1
Level 1

Questions regarding Marketo-SFDC integration

Hello,

I am new to the Marketo-SFDC integration and would appreciate your help getting the following clarified:

1. Does the integration between Marketo and SFDC map every field that the SFDC integration user has access to a marketo field?
  2. what is “CloudingoAgent” that precedes some of the fields in the integration area. I have noticed that all the sfdc fields that are preceded with the “CloudingoAgent” are fields that do not exist in SFDC.
  3. In the main integration screen, i see 2-1 mapping and 1-1 mapping. What do these headings indicate?
  4. I do not see the “sync lead to SFDC” flow action in marketo, does that take time to appear after enabling integration? i have had it enabled for 2+hours now.
  5. Do I need to take any extra steps to enable the opportunity sync? I do not see opportunities as one of the listed objects to be synced between marketo and sfdc.
  6. Finally, how do I disable the integration between the two platforms: is that done with the "Break Mapping" option?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

1. Yes, it does map every field
  2. CloudingoAgent fields are fields that were created by a salesforce third party add on called cloudingo.
  3. 2-1 mappings : 2 fields from sales force are mapped with 1 Marketo field. In this case, the 1st SFDC field to be mapped will be a Lead field, while the second will be a contact or account field. This is how Marketo handles lead conversion. when the visitor is a lead, the Marketo field is mapped with the SFDC one. Once the lead is converted, Marketo automatically map its field the contact or account field.
  4. That's not normal. The flow action is at the bottom of the flow actions in the "salesforce" section
  5. Normally, you do not have to take any specific step to sync oppies. But you need to make sure the Marketo SFDC user has access to opportunities
  6. The break mapping option only enable to undo a mapping before the first sync. After this first sync, the option will no longer be available
  7. Not asked, but you will need it : if you need to create a double mapping or undo it after the first sync, you will have to ask Support.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

1. Yes, it does map every field
  2. CloudingoAgent fields are fields that were created by a salesforce third party add on called cloudingo.
  3. 2-1 mappings : 2 fields from sales force are mapped with 1 Marketo field. In this case, the 1st SFDC field to be mapped will be a Lead field, while the second will be a contact or account field. This is how Marketo handles lead conversion. when the visitor is a lead, the Marketo field is mapped with the SFDC one. Once the lead is converted, Marketo automatically map its field the contact or account field.
  4. That's not normal. The flow action is at the bottom of the flow actions in the "salesforce" section
  5. Normally, you do not have to take any specific step to sync oppies. But you need to make sure the Marketo SFDC user has access to opportunities
  6. The break mapping option only enable to undo a mapping before the first sync. After this first sync, the option will no longer be available
  7. Not asked, but you will need it : if you need to create a double mapping or undo it after the first sync, you will have to ask Support.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, read Jeff Coveney​'s excellent post here: Common Marketo and Salesforce Sync Pitfalls

-Greg

LookBook_HQ1
Level 1

Thank you very much Greg for your help. The only thing I am still unclear on is how to disable the integration between the two platforms. I mean I can change the password for the SFDC integration user, but is there a disable/pause integration feature in Marketo?
Thanks,

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

You can halt the integration, but not during the initial setup and first sync. One the first sync is done, you will have the possibility to "disable" the sync in the admin -> salesforce screen.

What it very difficult is to completely disconnect the 2. I am not even sure it's feasible. You can completely stop the sync, of course (just deactivate the Marketo user in SFDC and deactivate the sync on Marketo), but the field mappings will remains, as well as many salesforce specific fields.

-Greg